Dale C. Doerhoff
Dale has been a strong and successful advocate for the interests of his clients since 1971 and has been with CVDL since 1976. He has a broad range of legal experience and expertise that makes him highly effective and highly unusual in today's legal market. He has effectively handled numerous matters from personal injury to commercial litigation, governmental issues to probate, real estate to business planning and is a certified mediator. This allows him to provide his clients with a range of skills and depth of knowledge and helps them achieve the best possible result in the circumstances they confront - whether they are injured individuals, professionals, businesses, or governmental office holders or entities.
Dale graduated with honors from the University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law and is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals, and all state and federal courts in Missouri.
He has been elected to numerous leadership roles in his profession, including:
- President of The Missouri Bar (2002-2003)
- Chair of the Supreme Court of Missouri Civil Rules Committee (2003 to present)
- Chair of the Missouri Judicial Evaluation Commission (2004 to present)
- Delegate to the American Bar Association's House of Delegates, (2006 to present)
- The Missouri Bar Board of Governors (1992 to 2004)
- President, Cole County Bar Association (1982)
- Former Chair of Missouri Bar committees on Tort Law, Advertising and Eminent Domain
- President, MU Law Alumni Association (1983-1984)
Honors and Recognitions:
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 1992
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation since 1991
AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, the highest rating certification for legal ability and ethical standards.
- Selected as a Missouri "Super Lawyer"
- Elected to "The Best Lawyers in America"
- Awarded the Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award by The Missouri Bar for excellence in trial practice
- Admitted to "The Order of the Barristers" by the University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law for excellence in the art of courtroom advocacy
Ritoch v. Wright, et al., Case No. 11-04360-CV-C-NKL, U.S. District Court, Western District (2011) (motor vehicle/truck collision, wrongful death)
Pope Boat Sales & Service, Inc. v. Rockwood Bank, Case No. 10ML-00085, Circuit Court of Miller County, Missouri (2010) (property and easement disputes at Lake of the Ozarks)
Nelson v. The Central Trust Bank, Case No. 10AC-CC00770, Circuit Court of Cole County, Missouri (2010) (defense of class action, bank fees)
Hurst v. Sinor, et al., Case No. 10MS-CC00098, Circuit Court of Maries County, Missouri (2010) (property dispute, adverse possession)
State ex rel. Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP v. Crane, 332 S.W.3d 244 (Mo. App. W.D. 2010) (mandamus and prohibition to resolve discovery dispute)
Suthoff v. Starr Industries, et al., Case No. 08-4098-CV-C-SOW, U.S. District Court, Western District (2009) (products liability, wrongful death)
Betty G. Weldon Revocable Trust, et al. v. Lenore T. Weldon, et al., 231 S.W.3d 158 (Mo.App. W.D. 2007) (trust litigation, protection of heritage horse farm from sale)
Wickersham v. City of Columbia, 481 F.3d 591 (8th Cir. 2007) (competing First Amendment rights relating to an air show)
Omerod v. Curators of University of Missouri, 97 Fed. Appx. 71, 2004 W.L 1125422 (8th Cir. 2004) (civil rights complaint and Eleventh Amendment immunity of the University of Missouri)
Linville v. Teledyne Technologies, Inc., et al., Case No. 01-04101-CV-C-5, U.S. District Court, Western District (2003) (products liability, wrongful death)
State ex rel. Nixon v. Kinder, 89 S.W.3d 454 (Mo. banc 2002) (dispute between executive branch and judicial branch over funds in the registry of the court)
Conservation Federation of Missouri v. Hanson, 994 S.W.2d 27 (Mo. banc 1999) (constitutional immunity of Conservation funds from refund payments under the Hancock Amendment)
Custom Muffler & Shocks v. Gordon Partnership, 3 S.W.3d 811 (Mo.App. W.D. 1999) (prescriptive easement)
Angoff v. Casualty Indemnity Exchange, 963 S.W.2d 258 (Mo. App. W.D. 1997) (termination of insurance receivership)
Klemme v. Best, 941 S.W.2d 493 (Mo. banc 1997) (defense of professional liability claim)
Forster v. Boss, 97 F.3d 1127 (8th Cir. 1996) (property dispute at the Lake of the Ozarks)
Feese v. City of Lake Ozark, 893 S.W.2d 810 (Mo. banc 1995) (constitutionality of city sewer fees under the Hancock Amendment)
Young v. Kansas City Power and Light Co., 773 S.W.2d 120 (Mo.App. W.D. 1989) (fire loss, negligence)
Farnsworth v. Farnsworth, 728 S.W.2d 223 (Mo.App. W.D. 1986) (probate, discovery of assets)
* AV® Preeminent ™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. For more information about Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings, click here.