Shelly A. Kintzel
Shelly Kintzel joined CVDL in 2012 after having worked as an Assistant General Counsel for the Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations for over five years. She also clerked for Judge Michael A. Wolff of the Missouri Supreme Court from 2005 to 2007. From 2003 to 2005 she served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Governmental Affairs Division of the Missouri Attorney General's Office.
Shelly has extensive appellate experience, having appeared as counsel in over 75 appellate cases. At CVDL, she focuses her practice on appellate matters, governmental and employment issues (including discrimination, unemployment, prevailing wage, and wage and hour matters), and general business representation.
Shelly lives in Jefferson City with her husband and their two children. They are active members of First United Methodist Church. She serves on the advisory board for the Jefferson City Salvation Army.
Education: B.A., University of Kansas (1997); J.D., University of Kansas School of Law (2003).
Honors and Publications: Order of the Coif; University of Kansas Law Review; Author: The Effects of Domestic Violence on Welfare Reform: An Assessment of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act as Applied to Battered Women, 50 Kan. L. Rev. 591 (2002)
Bar Admissions: Missouri (2003); United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
- Missouri Corrections Officers Assoc. v. Missouri Department of Corrections, 409 S.W.3d 499 (Mo. App. W.D. 2013)
- Rufer v. Rauch, 362 S.W.3d 28 (Mo. App. S.D. 2012)
- Osman v. Div. of Emp. Sec., 332 S.W.3d 890 (Mo. App. W.D. 2011)
- Qualls v. Justine Petersen Housing & Reinvestment Corp., 334 S.W.3d 515 (Mo. App. E.D. 2010)
- O'Neal v. Maranatha Village, Inc., 314 S.W.3d 779 (Mo. App. S.D. 2010)
- Gorman v. Visiting Nurse Assoc. of Southeast Mo., Inc., 326 S.W.3d 497 (Mo. App. S.D. 2010)
- Sartori v. Kohner Properties, Inc., 277 S.W.3d 879 (Mo. App. E.D. 2009)