Kari A. Schulte
Attorney Kari A. Schulte joined CVDL in 2005. She has experience in a wide variety of matters in state and federal court, including personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, class action, commercial litigation, probate, and property cases. She also has an active estate planning practice.
Recent matters she has handled include helping a personal injury client obtain a significant jury award for injuries stemming from an automobile accident; resolving several personal injury cases before trial; resolving underinsured and uninsured coverage disputes; achieving a reversal of a denial of class certification and summary judgment on appeal; representing over 60 plaintiffs in a defective medical device MDL; defending a number of employment discrimination cases; representing victims of employment discrimination; representing more than 5,300 servers and bartenders of Applebee’s restaurant in a federal labor law class action; representing a class of millions of consumers in a cable television class action lawsuit; and representing a class of over a thousand in class action litigation relating to the unauthorized practice of law.
Kari was born Kari A. Propst and was raised in Jefferson City, Missouri. She is an active member of Immanuel Lutheran Church – Honey Creek. She attended Cole R-V, Eugene High School and the University of Missouri-Columbia, earning her undergraduate business degree, an MBA and her law degree.
She is married to Matt Schulte. They are busily raising their 4 young sons.
Attorney Kari A. Schulte is active in the community, recently serving on the Thrivent Mid-Mo Chapter Board that works to support fundraising efforts for those in need and as a member of the Calvary Lutheran High School Board of Education.
Kari has been recognized as a Rising Star by Missouri Super Lawyers and has attained an AV preeminent rating by Martindale Hubble. Attorney Kari A. Schulte is active in the Missouri Bar, including work as a CLE instructor.
Education: University of Missouri – Columbia, BSBA, Summa cum laude, 2001; MBA, with honors, 2004; J.D. 2005.
Honors: Order of the Coif, Law Review Member 2003-2005.
Bar Admissions: Admitted to the Missouri Bar in 2005; Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Western District in 2005.
Member: Cole County Bar Association; The Missouri Bar.
Professional Associations: The Missouri Bar, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, the Cole County Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- Lucas Subway MidMo, Inc. v. Mandatory Poster Agency, Inc., — S.W.3d —, 2017 WL 1485547 (Mo. W.D. 2017)
- Janson v. LegalZoom.com, Inc., 802 F. Supp. 2d 1053 (W.D. Mo. 2011)
- Fast v. Applebee’s Int’l., Inc.: 263 F.R.D. 360 (W.D.Mo. 2007); 2008 WL 543228 (W.D.Mo. December 31, 2008); 2009 WL 2391775 (W.D.Mo. August 3, 2009); 2009 WL 2424095 (W.D.Mo. August 4, 2009); 2010 WL 816639 (W.D.Mo. March 4, 2010)
- In re Motor Fuel Temperature Sales Practices Litigation, 2009 WL 5064441 (D.Kan. December 16, 2009)
- In re Estate of Sommerer, 211 S.W.3d 123 (Mo. App. W.D. 2007)
- Doerhoff v. General Growth Properties, Inc., 2006 WL 3210502 (W.D.Mo. November 6, 2006)