Dale C. Doerhoff
Attorney Dale C. Doerhoff is an accomplished trial lawyer and a strong and successful advocate for the interests of his clients. With a broad base of experience, he currently focuses on strategic advice and litigation solutions for complex business matters, personal injury and wrongful death, governmental issues, employment disputes, computer and data tampering, estates, and trusts.
Dale has earned the respect of his clients, judges, and peers in the legal profession. As a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, he is recognized as being in the top one percent of the trial bar.
In 2020 he was recognized as one of Missouri’s top personal injury attorneys with the Missouri Lawyers Weekly “Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys” award, and in 2019 was honored with an ICON Award for notable and sustained success and leadership both within and beyond the field of law. He is a Missouri “Super Lawyer” and selected to “The Best Lawyers in America.” Dale has consistently been awarded the AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, the highest rating certification for legal ability and ethical standards.
As his contribution to the betterment of the profession and to the promotion of equal justice under law, Dale has served in many leadership positions, including President of The Missouri Bar, President of the Cole County Bar, Delegate to the ABA House of Delegates, and Chair of the Missouri Judicial Performance Review Committee, to name just a few.
Dale is proud to be a “Mizzou Tiger” with both his undergraduate degree and law degree from the University of Missouri where he graduated with honors, Order of the Coif, and was Lead Articles Editor of the Missouri Law Review. He is a National Member of the Order of the Barristers and was a founding member of the Elwood L. Thomas American Inn of Court affiliated with the MU School of Law.
Always striving for a healthy work-life balance, Dale enjoys biking on the KATY Trail, hiking Missouri’s beautiful state parks, and boating and fishing on the state’s lakes and rivers. Dale and his wife, Ruth Ann, had three children: Heidi, Erica, and Stephen, all of whom are Missouri lawyers.
Selected Honors and Activities
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 1992
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation since 1991
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, the highest rating certification for legal ability and ethical standards.
- Selected as a Missouri “Super Lawyer”
- Elected to “The Best Lawyers in America”
- Chair of the Missouri Judicial Performance Review Committee (2016 to present)
- Awarded the Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award by The Missouri Bar for excellence in trial practice
- Admitted to “The Order of the Barristers” by the University of Missouri –Columbia School of Law for excellence in the art of courtroom
- AV® Preeminent ™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. For more information about Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings, click here.
In July, Missouri Lawyers weekly issued its inaugural edition of THE POWER LIST, a new feature examining power brokers who lead and influence various parts of the Missouri…
A Missouri state court has approved a $6.5 million class action settlement that compensates over 1,100 Missouri landowners for the unauthorized use of their property for commercial telecommunications….